Re: Europa-List: Removing and Attaching Wings Single Handed

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Removing and Attaching Wings Single Handed
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 15:42:23

On 11 Jan 2015, at 15:04, George Nielsen <genie@swissmail.org> wrote:

> As I am considering the Europa I would be grateful if you could inform me
> about
the possibilities of removing and attaching the wings single handed. I have
seen in the manual that this can be done by two people. However, my requirement
is for this to be done single handed, as hangar space is expensive.

> My idea is to go to the airfield, attach the wings on the aircraft, fly and
> prior
to inserting in the hangar to remove the wings. Is there any equipment available
which enables this to be done single handed with an Europa? In that case
I reckon that the equipment will be bound at the home base so removing and
reattaching wings will not be possible at other airfields.

George - yes, one-man (or one-woman) rigging is possible. Ive been doing quite
a bit of that recently while setting up the wing pin sockets; see my photo
pages:

http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk/aviation/europa_435/dolly_transfer.php

http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk/aviation/europa_435/first_wing_rig.php

http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk/aviation/europa_435/try_wing_incidence.php

for pictures of the fuselage and wing dollies.

Yes, the rigging kit definitely stays at the departure airfield!

My dollies came with the covered trailer I bought from Roger Huttlestone who
operates
---From an industrial unit near Moreton-in-Marsh. However, I believe that
he is no longer making the trailers. It's possible he might consider making the
rigging kit if he still has the templates and fixtures.

Please let me know if you would like contact details for Roger (he does seem to
be well-known to Google . . . ).

in friendship

Rowland

http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk/aviation/europa_435/index.php