Re: Europa-List: Removing and Attaching Wings Single Handed

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Removing and Attaching Wings Single Handed
From: alan.twigg775@gmail.com
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 15:20:29

Many gliders and some Europas have a 'one man (woman)' rigging aid. It consists
of a wing dolly that can be rotated between vertical and horizontal, while you
handle the wing root. I digest you look initially on glider web sites.
Regards
Alan Twigg
MotorGlider
Kit463

Sent from my iPhone

> On 11 Jan 2015, at 15:04, George Nielsen <genie@swissmail.org> wrote:
>

> Hello,
>
> As I am considering the Europa I would be grateful if you could inform me
> about
the possibilities of removing and attaching the wings single handed. I have
seen in the manual that this can be done by two people. However, my requirement
is for this to be done single handed, as hangar space is expensive.

> My idea is to go to the airfield, attach the wings on the aircraft, fly and
> prior
to inserting in the hangar to remove the wings. Is there any equipment available
which enables this to be done single handed with an Europa? In that case
I reckon that the equipment will be bound at the home base so removing and
reattaching wings will not be possible at other airfields.