Europa-List: Re: Anyone figured how to drop TP from a Europa mono?

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Anyone figured how to drop TP from a Europa mono?
From: rparigoris <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 00:31:32

Hi Spcialeffects

TP is Toilet Paper.

Single ply is longer than two ply. Best have a few feet as a tail to help
unroll.

I have a XS Mono.

I could swap out the 914 for a 130 hp 915 with an inverted oil system:
http://sportair.aero/12-epapower/epapower/
then put a temporary vertical pole on the wing slightly angled forward (so it
won't
hit anything when you release), put the TP on it with a careful 2 feet rolled
up and taped in place, then when at altitude roll inverted and pull a negative
G. This is half TIC (Tongue in Cheek), but I have a 4 foot RC flying wing
with a very powerful gear reduced electric motor and huge prop that I actually
do this with using a lolly pop and parachute. It climbs a lot quicker than
my Europa with a 914 and Airmaster ever will, so in half a minute even with the
draggy cargo it's at 1500 feet. It's a pusher and once in a while it falls off
when the motor is running and jams things up, but the ESC (Electronic Speed
Controller) protects things, just a 45 degree angle glide back down with just
enough airspeed to flair.

No joking, make that less joking to no joking at all:

Angle a tube off the outrigger to hold a roll, then when at altitude when gear
is retracted you pull some Gs and get it to fall off?

Leave gear down, have the roll tucked away in the wheel well where it is not
going
to foul things up if you forgot about it and through the gear lever slot have
a release? Could be a rubber band holding in place?

Perhaps have a autonomous wireless mini RC servo release mechanism that easily
clamps to the tailwheel spring? Or outrigger?

Hmm, wonder if you put a temporary pole that clamped onto the outrigger
perpendicular
to airflow, if you side slipped you could get the roll to fall off? Could
be kinda fun, when you have a cross wind, put it on the upwind outrigger, fly
with a little side-slip, then side-slip the other way when you want to release?

Ron Parigoris

Read this topic online here: