Re: Europa-List: Re: Anyone figured how to drop TP from a Europa mono?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Anyone figured how to drop TP from a Europa mono?
From: David Watts <dg.watts@talktalk.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 18:09:39

I have in fact flown with the door off my Europa for a photographic sortie, and
you are right, there is a 110 knot airspeed limit that Europa advise.

I have to say the whole experience was horrible and I will not be repeating it.
There was a lot of vibration and buffeting although for some unknown reason,
when we were on final approach I put my hand up on the windscreen surround where
the door would normally shut, and it suddenly all went peaceful (maybe there
is an airflow problem that can be overcome in a similar way that car sunroofs
often have a pop up deflector that activates when the roof is open). I won't
be repeating the exercise to test the idea though.

Dave Watts G-BXDY (hoping that the runway will dry out one day. At least we are
not now actually underwater).