Europa-List: instrument module wider than firewall - what to do?

Subject: Europa-List: instrument module wider than firewall - what to do?
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 19:03:17

I was just offering up the instrument module to the firewall (before the top
gets
bonded on) and the flanges of the IM protrude beyond the edges of the firewall.
The way things are stored at present prevents me from easily checking if
the IM will fit within the shape of the upper fuselage at the firewall. If it
doesn't, it appears that the flanges of the IM will have to be cut back so much
that there will scarcely be enough meat left for the fixings.

Has anyone else had this problem? Have I been issued with a mis-matched
instrument
module & fuselage moulding?

Any observations welcome.

in friendship