Re: Europa-List: instrument module wider than firewall - what to do?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: instrument module wider than firewall - what to do?
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 13:07:43

On Mar 4, 2014, at 11:03 AM, Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
wrote:

>  Have I been issued with a mis-matched instrument module & fuselage
moulding?

Rowland=85I would tend to doubt that; however, I found that the exterior
flange, when trimmed to allow the insertion of the instrument panel
module into the fuselage, was insufficient. Consequently, I mounted an
inside flange which allowed me to use shock mount bolts which provide a
1/2=94 space between module and firewall, useful for both vibration
isolation as well as providing a means of cooling air circulation=85a
couple of the shock mounts are visible thru my initial cut-out for my
instrument sub-panels=85Good luck,

Fred