Re: Europa-List: Europa or Stainless Steel Control Cable

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa or Stainless Steel Control Cable
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 23:18:19
Tony=0AI'd say go ahead with the galvanised steel cable. It should be fine
in Oz, so long as you don't go =0Aocean sailing with it!=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A
=0A=0A________________________________=0A From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw26
8@gmail.com>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com =0ASent: Saturday, 1 March 201
4, 22:49=0ASubject: Europa-List: Europa or Stainless Steel Control Cable=0A
l.com>=0A=0AGidday,=0AI have gone through my fair share of cable, and conse
quently I have bits everywhere. I have a roll of cable which appears to be
galvanised, or really dull Stainless Steel, which I believe doesn=99t
 happen. Why have nice shiny Stainless, if it stains. So, the best advice I
 have to figure out what is what is to use a magnet. The unknown roll of du
ll cable I have is extremely attractive to the magnet, and the Stainless is
 only slightly, but still is drawn towards the magnet on a really long susp
ended run, like the length in the aft fuselage, towards the magnet when it
is mm away, but it still attracts it. So, this other roll I can only imagin
e might have been that supplied by Europa, and I wouldn=99t know beca
use this roll has no product code or numbers on it. =0AMy question, whilst
I=99d prefer to use Stainless just because it doesn=99t look li
ke it has been in the aircraft for a million years, however the gal cable (
or whatever it is) I am told is more durable especially in terms of bends.
This is a conservative approach from gliders where control cabling can have
 acute bends, but we don=99t have that. So, should I resurrect this r
oll of cable out of my waste bin and use it, or should I replace it with St
ainless Steel?=0AThanks for any advice or help, and I appreciate all the he
lp I=99ve got with this sofar. =0ARegards=0ATony Renshaw=0A=0A=0A=0A_