Re: SV: Europa-List: Fuel Sender

Subject: Re: SV: Europa-List: Fuel Sender
From: Richard Wheelwright <rpwheelwright@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 10:15:27
Has any one fitted the MGL Infinity FF1 Gauge to their sender? Looks like a
 good option.=0A=0A=0A=================
====0A=0ARichard Wheelwright=0A============
=========0A=0A=0A________________________________=0A=0A=0AH
i Svein,=0A=0AI'm really not interested in another instrument =93 the
 Dynon EMS-D10A does all of that plus more =93 I get live fuel flow,
fuel level, litres used, litres remaining. =C2-The only problem with my c
urrent setup is the float sender =93 it only seems to reliably read b
etween 20litres and 48 litres, anything more or less than that doesn't regi
ster. =C2-Also, it really bounces around in certain situations like a pro
longed climb where it under-reads terribly.=0A=0AThe Dynon totals up the fu
el used, but it's not infallible =93 for example if I put a jerry can
 into the system and forget to update the level count, or if the fuel flow
meter goes wrong. =C2-I'm looking for redundancy so I can cross check lit
res used with the litres left in the tank. =C2-I like to have the sight t
ube (unreliable below about 30 litres), plus the totaliser, plus a level re
adout.=0A=0AThis became important just recently when we had a small "fuel c
risis" panic buying in the UK. =C2-All the mogas ran out, and my only opt
ion was to fly to a field with avgas. =C2-Fuel was low, so I emptied a fe
w litres from various jerry cans, and I had to unscrew the sender plate and
 look into the tank to check I had enough to safely take off!=0A=0AA friend
 runs a capacitance gauge from the link I posted earlier and believes it to
 be very accurate indeed. =C2-For me, it will serve as one of three ways
to check fuel level.=0A=0ARegards,=0A-Carl.=0AFrom: Sidsel & Svein Johnsen
<sidsel.svein@oslo.online.no>=0AReply-To: <europa-list@matronics.com>=0ADat
e: Monday, 23 April 2012 09:42=0ATo: <europa-list@matronics.com>=0ASubject:
 SV: Europa-List: Fuel Sender=0A=0A=0ACarl,=0A=C2-=0AI installed the Prin
ceton (? =93 memory fades) capacitive sender sold b
y Europa when I purchased my kit in 2001, connected to Grand Rapids EIS.=C2
- Not happy with the sender, I believe it is very sensitive to type of fu
el (mogas type and producer, 100LL) and possibly other factors.=0A=C2-=0A
Have you considered the FP-5 Fuel Totalizer from Electronics International?
=C2- http://www.buy-ei.com/Pages/FP-5/FP-5_Overview.html=0A=C2-=0AI am
VERY happy with this instrument.=C2- Very accurate (no calibration has be
en required), easy to install, easy to use, and has the added value over a
level measurement system that you get read-out of actual fuel flow (uses a
sender also in the return line) in addition to quantity remaining.=C2- Gr
eat for optimizing cruise speed. Also other nice features.=C2- =C2-=C2
-The only thing you have to remember is to update the fuel quantity on bo
ard after refueling (you are reminded of this every time you switch on the
avionics power).=0A=C2-=0ARegards,=0ASvein=0ALN-SKJ=0A=C2-=0A//www.matr