Re: SV: Europa-List: Fuel Sender

Subject: Re: SV: Europa-List: Fuel Sender
From: Richard Wheelwright <rpwheelwright@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 08:05:19
Frans,=0A--- Thank you, Roland has kindly e-mailed me the instruction
s and other info on the FF1.=0A-=0AYou have raised another Question I was
 going to ask the list, =0A-=0A-------- To create a NMEA-
buss is it simply to pick up the feed from the GPS to feed the NMEA-buss an
d connect the other devices too it? in other words will 1 NMEA feed other d
evices from a single feed?=0A=0A==============
=======0ARichard Wheelwright=0A==========
===========0A=0A=0A________________________________=0AF
rom: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com
 =0ASent: Monday, 23 April 2012, 15:51=0ASubject: Re: SV: Europa-List: Fuel
epilots.nl>=0A=0AOn 04/23/2012 11:15 AM, Richard Wheelwright wrote:=0A> Has
 any one fitted the MGL Infinity FF1 Gauge to their sender? Looks=0A> like
a good option.=0A=0AI have it and I'm satisfied with it. I use two float ty
pe senders, one=0Aswiveling into the main tank and the other in the reserve
. I have set up=0Athe two systems as two independant tanks, and of course b
oth are=0Aconsumed equally, until the bottom of the "saddle" is reached. Th
is=0Agives insight when to switch from main to reserve, and also offers som
e=0Aredundancy during the time the tank level is above the saddle. If both
=0Atanks indicate the same level then all should be well. If one float=0Ast
icks or sinks the levels disagree and invite the pilot to investigate.=0A
=0AThe fuel flow part also works perfectly. I have a 914 so I have two flow
=0Asenders, the FF1 is able to substract the return flow from the total=0Af
uel flow so it gives a very accurate value. What's more: connected to=0Athe
 ships NMEA-buss it calculates the time and distance remaining on the=0Afue