Re: SV: Europa-List: Fuel Sender

Subject: Re: SV: Europa-List: Fuel Sender
From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 11:10:44

On 04/24/2012 09:05 AM, Richard Wheelwright wrote:

>          To create a NMEA-buss is it simply to pick up the feed from the
> GPS to feed the NMEA-buss and connect the other devices too it? in other
> words will 1 NMEA feed other devices from a single feed?

You can connect multiple items to one NMEA output. Of course there is
some limit, but it depends on the load each single item poses on the bus.
On my ship I have the NMEA output of the GPS linked to the autopilot,
the mode-S transponder (now I can chase the airliners away from my
ship), and the fuel flow computer so it can use the actual GS to
calculate the remaining maximum possible distance with the present
amount of fuel remaining by the current consumption.

Frans