Re: SV: Europa-List: Fuel Sender

Subject: Re: SV: Europa-List: Fuel Sender
From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 16:51:55

On 04/23/2012 11:15 AM, Richard Wheelwright wrote:
> Has any one fitted the MGL Infinity FF1 Gauge to their sender? Looks
> like a good option.

I have it and I'm satisfied with it. I use two float type senders, one
swiveling into the main tank and the other in the reserve. I have set up
the two systems as two independant tanks, and of course both are
consumed equally, until the bottom of the "saddle" is reached. This
gives insight when to switch from main to reserve, and also offers some
redundancy during the time the tank level is above the saddle. If both
tanks indicate the same level then all should be well. If one float
sticks or sinks the levels disagree and invite the pilot to investigate.

The fuel flow part also works perfectly. I have a 914 so I have two flow
senders, the FF1 is able to substract the return flow from the total
fuel flow so it gives a very accurate value. What's more: connected to
the ships NMEA-buss it calculates the time and distance remaining on the
fuel contents.

frans