Re: Europa-List: Flap up method for single handed rigging

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Flap up method for single handed rigging
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 14:52:32

Tony,

Go download Chapter 9T Fitting ailerons & flaps to wing - Trigear.  On page
9T-6,
9T-9, 9T-11 & 9T-17 they show part TGW-1 which serves to limit the extension
of the Flap.  You could make up a similar piece from 1/8" aluminum and attach
it to the outer flap support bracket as illustrated.  Adjust the slot to allow
full retraction and full extension and you are in business.  You have a
retaining
mechanism for flap extension.

Blue skies & tailwinds,
Bob Borger
Europa XS Tri, Rotax 914, Airmaster C/S Prop.
Little Toot Sport Biplane, Lycoming Thunderbolt AEIO-320 EXP
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208-5331
Cel: 817-992-1117
rlborger@mac.com

On Nov 20, 2011, at 2:04 PM, Tony Renshaw wrote:

> Thanks Fred,Bob Graham and co re flap rigging. I will have electric flaps and
could therefore rig with the flaps at any position. At the moment they will fall
right out of the close out and rotate such that the trailing edge of the flap
can be against the wing, because I don't have the outrigger hardware to create
an extended stop. I either need to come up with an extended stop for my flaps,
or rig the wing with the flaps up. Has any of the electric flap Tri-gear
guys managed this other ways, or have any suggestions?