RE: Europa-List: Flap up method for single handed rigging

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Flap up method for single handed rigging
From: Bob Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 11:18:21

Hi! Tony
I achieved this by including a tapered guide tube within the flap close out
extension. The flap is allowed to fall into fully down position  and the
flap drive tube is also fully down .This tube receives the flap drive tube
and guides it to be exactly in line with the flap drive pin so that it
engages when you push the wing home into the spar socket.  This can be
applied to both flap close outs. For each wing.
I also have welded metal RAMP extensions to the spar starboard socket which
guide the port spar home into place as you push the port wing into place,
this ensures the port spa is guided into the socket on the other side of the
aircraft for single person rigging.
I did publish photos of both of these items many eons ago . You may be able
to search and still find them somewhere in the Europa Cyberspace.
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG