Re: Europa-List: Flap up method for single handed rigging

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Flap up method for single handed rigging
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 14:35:45
Good description Bob!=0AGraham, cryptic mode!=0A=0A=0A=0A__________________
______________=0AFrom: Bob Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>=0ATo: europa-l
ist@matronics.com=0ASent: Sunday, 20 November, 2011 11:18:21=0ASubject: RE:
 Europa-List: Flap up method for single handed rigging=0A=0A--> Europa-List
 message posted by: "Bob Harrison" <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>=0A=0AHi! Tony
=0AI achieved this by including a tapered guide tube within the flap close
out=0Aextension. The flap is allowed to fall into fully down position  and
the=0Aflap drive tube is also fully down .This tube receives the flap drive
 tube=0Aand guides it to be exactly in line with the flap drive pin so that
 it=0Aengages when you push the wing home into the spar socket.  This can b
e=0Aapplied to both flap close outs. For each wing.=0AI also have welded me
tal RAMP extensions to the spar starboard socket which=0Aguide the port spa
r home into place as you push the port wing into place,=0Athis ensures the
port spa is guided into the socket on the other side of the=0Aaircraft for
single person rigging.=0AI did publish photos of both of these items many e
ons ago . You may be able=0Ato search and still find them somewhere in the
Europa Cyberspace.=0ARegards=0ABob Harrison G-PTAG=0A=0A-----Original Messa
ge-----=0AFrom: owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com=0A[mailto:owner-euro
pa-list-server@matronics.com] On Behalf Of Tony Renshaw=0ASent: 20 November
 2011 10:40=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com=0ASubject: Europa-List: Flap up
ony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>=0A=0AGidday,=0AI am about to set up
my wings to the fuselage for the first time and see a=0Aproblem for single
handed rigging. I am wondering if there is a design of a=0Aportable, light
system of a strap setup or similar that clips onto the=0Aleading edge of th
e wing, and then goes up over a block setup that sits just=0Aabove the flap
 closeout on the top of the wing, and then clips onto the=0Atrailing edge o
f the flap, consequently allowing the flap to "not fall=0Aforward on its hi
nges when the wing is rotated to the horizontal. I have a=0Amod in my wingt
ips from Chuck Popenoe where I can rotisserie the wings and=0Amove them aro
und single handed, with the tip supported by an inverted T=0Asection on cas
tors. Once the wing is located it would be nice to be able to=0Apush it hom
e from the wingtip, but the flap will need supporting. Any=0Asuggestions on
 how this can be done would be much appreciated.=0AReg=0ATony Renshaw=0ASyd
=====