Europa-List: Flap up method for single handed rigging

Subject: Europa-List: Flap up method for single handed rigging
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 21:40:27

Gidday,
I am about to set up my wings to the fuselage for the first time and see a
problem
for single handed rigging. I am wondering if there is a design of a portable,
light system of a strap setup or similar that clips onto the leading edge
of the wing, and then goes up over a block setup that sits just above the flap
closeout on the top of the wing, and then clips onto the trailing edge of the
flap, consequently allowing the flap to "not fall forward on its hinges when
the wing is rotated to the horizontal. I have a mod in my wingtips from Chuck
Popenoe where I can rotisserie the wings and move them around single handed,
with
the tip supported by an inverted T section on castors. Once the wing is located
it would be nice to be able to push it home from the wingtip, but the flap
will need supporting. Any suggestions on how this can be done would be much
appreciated.
Reg
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Aussie.