Re: Europa-List: Flap up method for single handed rigging

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Flap up method for single handed rigging
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 08:08:11

On Nov 20, 2011, at 2:40 AM, Tony Renshaw wrote:

> Once the wing is located it would be nice to be able to push it home
> from the wingtip, but the flap will need supporting.

Tony,

With your fixed conventional LG, I assume that you'll be using
electric flaps...if that's the case, you have some options on the
positioning of the flap tube control during your wing attachment
process. If flap control shows flaps retracted, a strap around the
wing holding the flaps in the retracted position could be handy.

I make this comment solely from noting that while moving my wings
around the shop with the flaps flapping around can be
irritating...alas, I have zero experience attaching the wings at a
proper airfield.

Fred