Re: Europa-List: Flap up method for single handed rigging

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Flap up method for single handed rigging
From: Steven Pitt <steven.pitt2@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 20:43:14

Tony,
I have tried single handed rigging with my trigear and the flaps are only
one of the issues. However, I have used a short set of bungies hooked to the
back pip pin and flap holes to hold the flap in position (a plagiarised
idea) and although it needs care the bungie provides a bit of flexibility
when pushing the wing home. A simple solution and it also helps to ensure
the flap does not drop when turning from the vertical to the horizontal.
Hope this helps.
Steve Pitt
G-SMDH
Trigear XS