Re: Europa-List: Flap up method for single handed rigging

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Flap up method for single handed rigging
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 07:04:59

Thanks Fred,Bob Graham and co re flap rigging. I will have electric flaps and
could
therefore rig with the flaps at any position. At the moment they will fall
right out of the close out and rotate such that the trailing edge of the flap
can be against the wing, because I don't have the outrigger hardware to create
an extended stop. I either need to come up with an extended stop for my flaps,
or rig the wing with the flaps up. Has any of the electric flap Tri-gear guys
managed this other ways, or have any suggestions?
Reg
Tony Renshaw

Sent from my iPad

On 21/11/2011, at 3:08 AM, Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com> wrote:

> On Nov 20, 2011, at 2:40 AM, Tony Renshaw wrote:
>
>> Once the wing is located it would be nice to be able to push it home from the
wingtip, but the flap will need supporting.

> Tony,
>
> With your fixed conventional LG, I assume that you'll be using electric
> flaps...if
that's the case, you have some options on the positioning of the flap tube
control during your wing attachment process. If flap control shows flaps
retracted,
a strap around the wing holding the flaps in the retracted position could
be handy.

> I make this comment solely from noting that while moving my wings around the
shop with the flaps flapping around can be irritating...alas, I have zero
experience
attaching the wings at a proper airfield.