Europa-List: Re: fuel pressure problem, urgent

Subject: Europa-List: Re: fuel pressure problem, urgent
From: europapa <jubu@onlinehome.de>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 22:54:05

Problem solved!

Yesterday I replaced all fuel hoses and had my first planed landing for weeks.
Today I cut the replaced hose all the length from the electrical pump to the
mechanical
pump and found a desquamation that worked like a valve, closing when
the fuel flow was high.
Fine but some questions remain:

The restrictor int the return line was not absent as the mechanics supposed but
the ordered one from Europa Aircraft is so much tighter than the one once
delivered
with the kit. The hole in the first one is about 2mm and the new one is
0,2mm!
Now with the tighter restrictor I achieve a bit more than 0,2bar fuel pressure
in the full power setting.
I never had a working fuel pressure gage till now so I do not know what the
pressure
was with the original restrictor.
What kind of restrictor do you have installed and how high is your fuel
pressure?
Thank you so much for your assistance so far!

Juergen

Read this topic online here: