RE: Europa-List: Re: fuel pressure problem, urgent

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: fuel pressure problem, urgent
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 22:55:05

Juergen=2C
I don't think anyone ever had that kind of a problem before. Is there not a
n engine/airframe logbook from the previous owner ? It should have informat
ion about fuel hose changes.Anyway=2C many owners use fuel injection hose f
rom your local autoparts store=2C 6 or 8mm internal diameter as needed. For
get about the steel braiding. Replace at least all sections which have the
same type as the defective hose. It is quite easy.
Karl

> Subject: Europa-List: Re: fuel pressure problem=2C urgent
> From: jubu@onlinehome.de
> Date: Thu=2C 5 May 2011 14:28:37 -0700
> To: europa-list@matronics.com
>

> a brief update:
>
> yesterday I got my Europa back as repaired.
> They said they test flyed it and everything has been OK.
> My attempt ended after 3 minutes with an other forced landing.
> (Looks like I'm getting used to it).
> I went angry and together with an mechanic of the workshop we tried to lo
calize the prob step by step.
> The fuel pressure was sometimes good=2C sometimes to low and sometimes ju
st not existent=2C without having changed anything.
> After tree hours we suddenly had nearly no pass through the hose from the
 electrical fuel pump to the mechanical pump.
> The hose is "delaminating" on the inside and is so more or less affecting
 the fuel flow. This inconsistency of the blockage made it that hard to und
erstand.
> Now I have got an question concerning the choice for the right tube.
> The builder used half the way a rubber tube which is coated with stainles
s steel fabric. This hose is followed by a rubber hose with a thicker wall
 (that goes through the firewall ).
> I myself hate those many useless junctions between different hoses=2C not
 knowing what they are good for.
> Is there a good reason why I cant use the "stainless steel" hose from the
 tank all the way to the mechanical pump?