Europa-List: Re: fuel pressure problem, urgent

Subject: Europa-List: Re: fuel pressure problem, urgent
From: europapa <jubu@onlinehome.de>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 14:28:37

a brief update:

yesterday I got my Europa back as repaired.
They said they test flyed it and everything has been OK.
My attempt ended after 3 minutes with an other forced landing.
(Looks like I'm getting used to it).
I went angry and together with an mechanic of the workshop we tried to localize
the prob step by step.
The fuel pressure was sometimes good, sometimes to low and sometimes just not
existent,
without having changed anything.
After tree hours we suddenly had nearly no pass through the hose from the
electrical
fuel pump to the mechanical pump.
The hose is "delaminating" on the inside and is so more or less affecting the
fuel
flow. This inconsistency of the blockage made it that hard to understand.
Now I have got an question concerning the choice for the right tube.
The builder used half the way a rubber tube which is coated with stainless steel
fabric. This hose is followed by a rubber hose with a thicker wall  (that goes
through the firewall ).
I myself hate those many useless junctions between different hoses, not knowing
what they are good for.
Is there a good reason why I cant use the "stainless steel" hose from the tank
all the way to the mechanical pump?
Hope you could understand what I'm trying to say in my poor English.

Juergen

Read this topic online here: