Re: Europa-List: Firewall material vs Canada "fireproof material" airwor

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Firewall material vs Canada "fireproof material" airworthiness
From: david miller <loboloda@execulink.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 22:06:53
Hi Graham,

Agreed on both points.
Luc will need to install a Skydrive or similar to satisfy Transport
Canada on the carb heat.
You do need a press or large vise to install the Skydrive and my own
feeling is this is best left to a Rotax dealer as it could really
spoil your day if a screw up occurs.
I've never picked up any water or crud in my Andair, however a
friends filtered out some very strange algae type substance.
He realised he had a problem when he noticed the fuel pressure
dropping while in flight.

Dave