Re: Europa-List: Firewall material vs Canada "fireproof material" airwor

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Firewall material vs Canada "fireproof material" airworthiness
From: david miller <loboloda@execulink.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 18:47:46
Hi Luc,

I have some data from the UK that satisfied transport with regard to
the firewall.
All the Canadian registered Europas have been approved with the
composite material, so it should not be a problem.
You will need to install a carb heat system, the antiquated
regulations call for a system that introduces hot air into the carbs,
however eventually I got an approval for the Skydrive system that
uses coolant to heat the carb body, so again transport should be
fine with this. I would recommend that you get a local Rotax dealer
to install the unit for you.

Dave  C-FBZI