RE: Europa-List: Fuel Pumps Rotax 914 System.(Pierburg )

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Fuel Pumps Rotax 914 System.(Pierburg )
From: Robert C Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 14:18:12
Hi! Remi
You don't say which "Bob" you are addressing ..however if it is me ..I have
two mini gascolators one on each tank connector both prior to the fuel
switch. They are not in series as such but independently  filter the main
and reserve supply lines.
I have not been able to establish how the crud was introduced after the
gascolators to get as far as the pump filters ..yet! but without the pump
filters it would now be in the carbs!  And "God forbid"! that should happen.
I always use a gauze filter in the tank main filler, nothing ever shows.  I
am considering getting a "Mr Funnel"  but that wouldn't exclude crud which
has somehow entered the pump filters after the fuel passed the two
gascolators. IMHO it can only have been inside pipes fitted during rework
after the Jabiru was changed for a 914 Rotax.
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG

  _____