Europa-List: Fuel Pumps Rotax 914 System.(Pierburg )

Subject: Europa-List: Fuel Pumps Rotax 914 System.(Pierburg )
From: Robert C Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 20:44:42

Hi! All
Partly a call for "any ideas"? and partly a warning to all concerned.
I have managed to very slightly damage the "thimble" filter at the inlet
side of one of my pumps. That was a real bum thing to do but to heap further
"coals of fire" on my head I find that they are not a spares listed part and
no one not even Rotax or Peirburg the pump manufacturer will supply a
replacement.
It is therefore necessary to buy a new pump ! What a con. if I ever heard of
one.
So, wonderful Europa forum, has anyone any other ideas? For instance someone
somewhere makes the damn things or does anyone have a back door combination
to Pierburg ?!
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG