Re: Europa-List: Fuel Pumps Rotax 914 System.(Pierburg )

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel Pumps Rotax 914 System.(Pierburg )
From: rparigoris <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 00:25:32

Hi Bob

""any ideas"? and partly a warning to all concerned.
I have managed to very slightly damage the "thimble" filter at the inlet
side of one of my pumps."

I don't know what your fuel system looks like, but will comment on "when" I too
manage to damage one of my sock filters!

Here is what my fuel systenm looks like:
http://contrails.free.fr/engine_914_fuel_syst_test_en.php

Some ideas:
*Call around to Rotax and Europa businesses and get hold of an old burned out
pump
and steal filter
*Buy a new pump and put it in your plane, then install a factory filter very
close
coupled to intake of pump and use it as a transfer pump to fill your plane
*For me, if the filter was just slightly damaged, I would put it in my P1 with
good filter in P2. If sock were very damaged and beyond reasonable hold together
function, I would just get rid of sock filter on my P1, but remember I have
an Andair 375 gasculator very short coupled to P1 that has a much finer mesh
filter than factory filter and would accept the small chance that debris may
somehow
get into intake of unfiltered P1 between Andair gasculator and intake of
my P1. Different story on my P2 intake, much greater chance that debris could
somehow come from outlet of P1, any one of the many fittings and hoses and
connections,
G2 or G2 one way that is upstream of intake of P2. If P1 quits, I
should have a good to go P2
*If your system allows, just put another factory filter very close coupled to
your
P1 and put the good sock filter in P2
*Help another Rotax 914 owner clean their sock filter on one of their fuel
pumps,
and tell them it is a good thing they descided to check, because it happens
to be damaged (>switch<)!

Ron Parigoris

Visit -  www.EuropaOwners.org