Re: Europa-List: Fuel Pumps Rotax 914 System.(Pierburg )

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel Pumps Rotax 914 System.(Pierburg )
From: rparigoris <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 05:57:51

Hi Rob

"Ron, I very much like your implementation but I would add one improvement, that
being quick disconnect fittings to permit removal of whatever filters are used
without flooding the cabin with fuel when the filters need to be removed for
cleaning or replacement."

I have two Andair 375 gasculators sealed in a box with access from outside the
aeroplane (not under the wing either). Easy access, just unscrew bowl after you
drain from quick drain and spin off filter/s.
see:
http://www.europaowners.org/modules.php?set_albumName=album231&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

I looked at your two series fuel filters drawing. Are you planning on having two
sets (of two parallel filters each)? If not and you only plan on 1 pair of
parallel
filters,  once they clog, turning on pump #2 in either a series with bypass,
or parallel fuel system will not be of much use.

Ron Parigoris

Visit -  www.EuropaOwners.org