Re: Europa-List: Battery capacity

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Battery capacity
From: rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 17:52:47

Hi Frans

Glad weare both now on same page.

welding cable is different in diameter (larger) than solid copper single
strand.Circularmils of copper is usually close. That said some
tefzel #4 that looks close to same strands are different diameter, so
don't think diameter is absolute.

I saw somewhere else that
aluminium wire is sized to resistance of similar copper. Think it was when
"tipping" (pigtailing copper to aluminium wire with a wire nut
and aluminium oxide paste) my home whichhas aluminium wire. Same
gauge solid aluminium is larger in diameter than solid copper.

"I also have that Ducati-thing on the other alternator. Guess I
have to
> put a diode in series with its sense lead to crank up
the voltage
> somewhat."

Good idea to increase
setpoint if you can. Where exactly would you put diode in circuit? What
value diode?

Has anyone out there changed Ducati
setpoint? How did you do it and how has it been working?

Ron
Parigoris