Re: Europa-List: Battery capacity

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Battery capacity
From: rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 13:36:47

Hi Frans

I don't have all my documentation here.

For Tefzel wire, you can look up info in 43.13

Did you read Erics install manual like I reccomended?

http://www.periheliondesign.com./fatwires_files/FatwireInstallationManual-4.pdf

#4 CCA is .435" diameter and .244 miliohms per foot and 1.72
oz per foot. Larger diameter and bout same resistance as #4 copper but
lighter per foot..

43.13 has #4 wire at .28 ohms per 1000foot
and #6 at .44 ohms.

I don't have the weight of #4 tefzel with
me, but weighed samplesI had on hand.

Is there something
the matter with my math?

BTW read on the website I sent you
about PC310 batteries about charging. Although they will somewhat work
with normal lead acid battery chargers, you want to follow their
recomondations. I will set my LR3C at 14.7 volts.

Ron
Parigoris