Re: Europa-List: Battery capacity

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Battery capacity
From: Frans Veldman <frans@paardnatuurlijk.nl>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 15:42:31

David Joyce wrote:
> Frans, A single Odyssey 16 amp/hour battery has done me extremely well

I have no doubt about this, but I'm looking for a way to save some
unneccesary weight. 16 amp/hour appears a little bit "overdone" for me
if one has two alternators on board. (I need two alternators anyway
because the Rotax alternator/Ducati regulator will not reliably deliver
enough power for my setup, so it is sort of logical to extend this
proposition further into two fully separate buses for extra redundancy).
Also, because I have two fully separate electrical busses, I will need
two batteries as well, and carrying two 16 amp/hour batteries is really
out of the question. ;-)

A nice alternative could be two PC310 Odyssey batteries (each 8
amp/hours) (thanks, Ron). This will give me 16 amp/hours in total as
well, but divided over two fully separate systems. But without weight
savings. :-(

--
Frans Veldman