Re: Europa-List: Woodcomp Propellers

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Woodcomp Propellers
From: josok <josoke@ukolo.fi>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 22:36:53

Just for the record: 1: The blades did not go in reverse but in superfine pitch.
2: This is the first time that a mechanical stop is ever mentioned. Woodcomp
certainly never even pointed at the possibility. IMHO, if you power the motor
directly, you can spin the blades all around on ANY Woodcomp. Until the motor
burns out, which will be very quickly. As far as i know only MT manufactures
electrical variable speed propellers with  mechanical endstops. 3: The problems
i encountered were because of non suitable microswitches, diode and motor. The
same hardware can be found in any Woodcomp in flight adjustables, wether those
are straight, reverseble or sail.

It's everybodies (and in the UK the LAA's) choice of how much risk you want to
take. I can imagine it's difficult to scrap something you layed out your money
for. I realize it's bad news for many happy pilots. I also would not forgive
myself if i would not take this stand. Now everybody may continue to throw
stones
at the bad news prophet :-)

Regards,

Jos Okhuijsen