Re: Europa-List: Bouncing Mono Classic

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Bouncing Mono Classic
From: Jim Brown <acrojim7534@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 05:04:12
If "landing on the point" means that the main wheel is touching first on th
e runway, that is most of your problem.
-
The monowheel tire is located ahead of the center of gravity and as soon as
 the tire touches the runway the tail will go down until the tailwheel-re
aches the runway. This results in the plane being launched back into the ai
r. Depending on speed at touchdown this will result in small or high bounce
s.- "The monowheel can not be wheel landed" such as a regular tailgragger
.. The tail wheel must touch down just before, or as soon as the main wheel.
-
To get the correct picture of the planes attitude at landing, When you taxi
 out for takeoff, and when you get the plane lined up and ready to come up
on power, pause for a minute, look at the far end of the runway over the co
wl. this will be your sight picture for the landing touchdown..
-
Jim Brown
Monowheel XS