Re: Europa-List: Bouncing Mono Classic

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Bouncing Mono Classic
From: ALAN YERLY <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 18:58:09
Frank,

Congratulations on your starting on grass.  Smart move.

I'll research the block with the company.  Do you have the dual shock
absorbers installed?  Refer to the new manual Chapter 29M
What is your main tire pressure?  Many prefer to run a low tire pressure
to preclude bounce.  If you've got it firm, you're landing on a beach
ball.  Sounds like you've got the pressure up.

We inflated the only mono I have been in at 18 pounds on a 7 inch tire
and found it more comfortable with the pressure at 14-15 psi.  The owner
prefers it at this pressure.  The plane squats in on landing.

Love to hear other comments from you experience mono pilots on tire
pressure and concrete runways to get a feel for what works for each of
you.

Bud Yerly
Custom Flight Creations
Europa Dealer USA.