Re: Europa-List: Tight control stick

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tight control stick
From: danbish <bdanbish@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 06:50:58

Hi all,

Thanks for the input. I guess it just seems to me that if loosening the bolts
frees
up the controls, there must be some misalignment in the control tube causing
it to bind. My theory is that the tufnot/tube assembly didn't set up correctly
when the flox was applied and allowed to cure.

I had been thinking that if I were to put a shim in one side or the other,
between
the tufnol and the CS07 rear bush, that could re-align the torque tube assembly
and allow me to retighten the nuts against the tufnol without recreating
the binding. But now, looking at the diagram further, it looks like that
wouldn't
accomplish anything.

I can use the polish on the front near the control stick, but maybe if I try
real
hard I can apply some on the rear bush and just work it back and forth and
hope it improves.

Ron, which of your recommended materials would be best to use for the CS07
aluminum
(I assume) to CS06 tufnol?

Thanks all,

Dan