Europa-List: Tight control stick

Subject: Europa-List: Tight control stick
From: danbish <bdanbish@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 22:07:13

Hi all,

We discussed it here before, but I have one of those kits that has a lot of
tightness
in the control stick when moving it left and right. I've heard various
ideas to fix it and only saw some slight improvement with putting a lubricant
at the base of the stick.

I was having the plane inspected by the EAA inspector last week and he thought
we should try to get to the bottom of it. We loosened the assembly at the base
of the stick but it didn't help much.

Then we loosened the two bolts at the aft end of the control, back where the
CS06
bush and CS08 crank bolt to the CS06 bearing. We saw immediate improvement
even though we only loosened it a bit.

Obviously there's something binding here and I assume it is the way that the
flox
pad cured... something wasn't lined up right.

So, for those of you that have had this problem before, what's the best way to
go about fixing it. Keep in mind that my cockpit module is already installed
since
I bought the kit that way. I can barely get to the bolts much less make any
drastic changes to the flox pad. Maybe insert some shims?  I'm just wondering
if someone has already figured this one out and could save me some head
scratching.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Visit -  www.EuropaOwners.org