Europa-List: Re: First solo

Subject: Europa-List: Re: First solo
From: josok <josoke@ukolo.fi>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 08:04:16

Hi Raimo,

Closed and filled the gills before paint. I was talking to Ivan about them, and
he knew them to be useless in flight, but had them to vent the cowlings after
shutdown. I open the inspection covers instead, if there is no wind and a warm
day.
Have the shroud, and would measure coolant, which Rotax decided to name CHT, but
2 consequitive software versions of the Dynon Flightdeck had a bug and did/do
not show that sensor properly. They located the bug they say, and it will be
cured in the next software version, that is about 6 monts away.
I did use the oil temp indication, which uses the same sensor, to find out the
difference between CHT and Rotax CHT, it's about 10 to 15 degrees. CHT follows
much faster, as can be expected.
The Dynon went black after 6 hours flight time, and i installed the standard VDO
analog as replacement during the repair time, to keep the flight test program
going. The VDO meters confirmed the temperatures.

Options now are to seal the gap between cowling and shroud, seal the gap between
air filter housing and turbo, partially or fully close the standard inlet
openings
in the top cowling. Although temperatures are well within limits now, i
really want to get the temperature differences on the engine smaller, for stress
reasons.

Regards,

Jos

Visit -  www.EuropaOwners.org