Re: Europa-List: Re: First solo

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: First solo
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 23:21:24

Jos,

***0 % power will probably produce lower temps, but i forgot to try that for
some
reason :-) ***

sorry - I meant idle power and prop windmilling.

BTW I have seen real 0% when I practised standing prop landings.
I have some nice pics where a standing blade is visible.
I did not record water & oil temps in that situation!
I was quite a busy in the cockpit.

***There is however an annoying difference, especially on climb out between the
front 2 and rear cylinders. Today it showed 40 C difference. Number 3, above
the turbo and air inlet is always the hottest. I suspect the naca scoop and the
shroud over cyl 3 to work against each other. Maybe i have to close the gap
around the air filter in the air filter chamber. Anybody to offer any insight
before i try?***

Have you noticed those gills are almost useless?
I just tried and covered them and saw nothing influence.
Of course they look nice anyway!
Do you have an extra air "shroud" over your (all) cylinders?
It is fitted very tight over the engine and it is glass fiber made.
I am not sure - maybe it is only for 912S ?
I think it has a big role to equalize temps between front and
rear cylinders.

Regards, Raimo