Re: Europa-List: Re: First solo

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: First solo
From: Gilles Thesee <Gilles.Thesee@acgrenoble.fr>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 22:37:49

Raimo Toivio a crit :
> Do you have an extra air "shroud" over your (all) cylinders?
> It is fitted very tight over the engine and it is glass fiber made.
> I am not sure - maybe it is only for 912S ?
> I think it has a big role to equalize temps between front and
> rear cylinders.

Raimo and all,

The Rotax shroud can be installed on any 91X engine. We are using one on
our 914 project.
We took great care to seal it as best as possible, so that every
molecule going into the inlet is used for cylinder cooling.
BTW we are using the regular Rotax pickup points and published
temperatures for cylinder heads, so I don't know how they correlate to
spark plug probe measurements.

Best regards,
--
Gilles