Europa-List: Re: First solo

Subject: Europa-List: Re: First solo
From: josok <josoke@ukolo.fi>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 22:32:44

Thanks Raimo, and all the others who answered in email or forum.

Yes, at least in our conditions the exceptional cooling system Pertti came up
with,
seems to work. Today i climbed at 100% power to 9500 feet, OAT -5 and had
120 C on oil, don't have a coolant meter, the hottest CHT was around 130 C under
the spark plug. Then on 55 % a long descent, lowest oil temp was 65 C. 0 %
power will probably produce lower temps, but i forgot to try that for some
reason
:-) There is however an annoying difference, especially on climb out between
the front 2 and rear cylinders. Today it showed 40 C difference. Number 3,
above the turbo and air inlet is always the hottest. I suspect the naca scoop
and the shroud over cyl 3 to work against each other. Maybe i have to close the
gap around the air filter in the air filter chamber. Anybody to offer any
insight
before i try?

Regards,

Jos Okhuijsen