Europa-List: Re: First solo

Subject: Europa-List: Re: First solo
From: josok <josoke@ukolo.fi>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 19:08:44

Hi Steve,

Put your hands under your armpits, pull yourself up and finish your plane, i
would
say. It's more then worth it. If i can possibly help, eventually hands on,
let me know and we'll arrange something. That counts for everybody here. I had
the luck that at the right moment somebody would be there to give me the little
push i needed. Usually they never realized that :-)

The oil/water heat exchanger seems to work fine. Together with a water
thermostat,
the oil is always around the 100 Celsius. Today the temperature was 10 c,
and i climbed to 7000 feet, 75% power in about 10 minutes. Oil 110, and water
120 c Then down, throttle almost closed, near VNE and the oil came down to 70
C, just like the water. No danger of shock cooling on this one. I had to change
the Evans though, because it would run too hot too soon. That problem is gone
now, i probably can run 100% forever. But easy does it, something to try later
with some more hours on the block.

Kind Regards,

Jos Okhuijsen

Visit -  www.EuropaOwners.org