RE: Europa-List: Europa Tailplane - Mod 73

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Europa Tailplane - Mod 73
From: Jeremy Davey <europaflyer3@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 13:05:54
Tim,

Well... my top isn=92t on and I=92ve had mine out a few times for
various
issues, inc. Mod 70. I=92d rather not make it fixed permanently in
there.

Also, won=92t welding there risk distortion in the brass bearings?

Will a spot weld be sufficient? I=92m no engineer, but (speaking purely
from
gut feel) I doubt a spot weld will be strong enough.

That said, I do have a strong preference for Nigel Graham=92s bolted
solution
to avoiding the slop that has caused TP6 breakaways. Easy to install,
easy
to retrofit, and will do the job permanently.

As for tailplane lateral retention, I regret that none of the solutions
so
far have caught my eye as elegant, simple and effective L

Regards,

Jeremy