Re: Europa-List: Europa Tailplane - Mod 73

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa Tailplane - Mod 73
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 13:54:08

Mike,

My intention is not to criticise or label anyone but I feel there has been a
lot of unwarranted negativity - IMHO !!!!. Perhaps my choice of words was
unfortunate and if so I apologise.

What I am acutely aware of is this is a public forum and what we say here
will find its way to the aviation community as a whole.  Although i'm not
planning to sell my plane anytime soon I sincerely hope that when I do the
Europa hasn't acquired a misguided reputation for being a dangerous
aircraft. It wouldnt surprise me if there weren't some Europa builders out
there wondering what the hell have I got myself into.

Despite the tragedy of the recent crash I personally havent lost confidence
in the aircraft and will continue to fly it in the belief that it is as safe
as we can make it.

Mods are a fact of aviation life - 73 for the Europa so far. But i'm sure
this is comparable with many other aircraft.

Again, apologies to all if my comments have caused offence.

Regards,

Carl