RE: Europa-List: Tailplane flutter

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Tailplane flutter
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 20:51:17

Hi Nigel

Yes, thank you for the additional detail. Bt you still don't say HOW the TP4
is to be cleaned out. And you say that the mass balance arm has to be
disconnected. That means having to crawl into the tail section and
performing all kinds of difficult tasks. My balance arm is very tight and
that was easy to do with the top off. I don't really want to touch it. I am
also not rushing into mod 70.
And as Mark and others have remarked: we don't really know anything about
the accident. Except, that a wing landed on the road, the main fuselage in a
field, that at least one tailplane came off initially, and a pip pin was
bent 90 degrees. Obviously something started the chain of events from the
tail somewhere. There may or may not have been any flutter. I guess we'll
find out a bit more in a week or so.
I like the idea of doing away with the mass balance arm, and weighting the
tailplanes internally, at least for new kits.

Karl

Win tickets to the sold out Live Earth concert!  http://liveearth.uk.msn.com