RE: Europa-List: trigear vs. mono

Subject: RE: Europa-List: trigear vs. mono
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 20:28:22

Hello John,

I think there is a lot of truth in what you are hinting at. Us trigear
jockeys are having to pay dearly for shortcomings in the mono. I always
wondered if that mod 70 was based on a semi crash landing in a mono. All my
fittings are dead tight and hope they stay that way. Wasn't William's mono
involved also in a gear up landing ? As you say, the statistics about slop,
that has developed over time,  would be very useful to know.
As a side issue I am again questioning the wisdom of mod 71 with the steel
springs. My Europa has turned into a bucking bronco on local grass strips,
and if I didn't take a firm grip on the control column, that mass balance
arm would be flying all over the place.

Karl

https://livemessenger.mobile.uk.msn.com/