Re: Europa-List: Tailplane flutter

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tailplane flutter
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 19:48:24

The final alignment could be checked by trial fitting the torque assembly
using the shank of a 3/8" drill. The factory supplied pins are a couple of
thou oversize which is probably deliberate. Fortunately we had the help of a
licenced aircraft engineer who loaned his workshop and checked our pins with
a micrometer screw guage. Not sure of the exact dimension but they were
measurably oversize.

Or alternately make dummy pins from 3/8" steel stock - or aircraft quality
bolts. They would need to be checked with a gague to ensure they were the
correct size.