Re: Europa-List: canopy open

Subject: Re: Europa-List: canopy open
From: sqwk7000 <sqwk7000@cotswoldwireless.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 15:58:51
I remember in the hot weather last year, on one occasion I taxied/held
with the canopy slightly open for fresh air (a common enough event, I
suppose).  Once cleared for take off, I closed the door quickly and took
off.  On the climb out I realised that the rear shoot bolt hadn't
engaged.

I completed one circuit, keeping speed low, landed, stopped, engaged
bolt then took off on the remaining (ample) runway.  Naturally I was
concerned that I might lose the door, but it was a non-event.

Moral of story?
1. ALWAYS check ALL four bolts.
2. During build, ensure that the bolts throw adequate distance into
their holes.  I recall that there was a mod that came round during my
build to thicken the door frames where the bolts go.

David
G-SHSH (builder but no longer owner)