Re: Europa-List: canopy open

Subject: Re: Europa-List: canopy open
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 21:12:58
We had here in Finland about one year
ago a similar accident and it was fatal.
After that and many other similar stories I
decided to do something and added four
Honeywell micro switches - one for each
shooting bolt. All of them must be engaged
to get green lights, they are serial connected.

Also I decided to use pip-pins to secure doors
against unintentionally opening during flight.
There is also a label "remove pip pin before
landing" - that is for possible emergency exit.

Check an attachment.

Raimo
====
Raimo M W Toivio

OH-XRT Europa XS Mono #417
OH-CVK C172 Skyhawk
OH-BLL Beechcraft C45 w radial engines (grounded)

37500  Lempaala
Finland
tel + 358 3 3753 777
fax + 358 3 3753 100