Re: Europa-List: To Those That Have Sanded Before Me... :)

Subject: Re: Europa-List: To Those That Have Sanded Before Me... :)
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 11:16:55

Jeff
agree it's best to get all the filler on at the first pass but then sand
to a template of the L Edge, it needs to be accurate to a couple of thou
or you may well have a nasty stall. It's very easy to knock off the
sharp LE radius even with unbacked abrasive paper. The position of the
center of the radius is critical too. Believe me, the stall can be quite
benign but it can also be vicious.
You need the CAD coordinates of the section and Turbocad or similar.
Autocad does it of course but that can be Xpensive.
I don't have the CAD any more but someone has. Kingsley old mate?
Graham