Re: Europa-List: To Those That Have Sanded Before Me... :)

Subject: Re: Europa-List: To Those That Have Sanded Before Me... :)
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 22:55:31

Jack
I quite agree, I just thought I'd share my experience too, I did it on
my Long EZ 20 years ago. (the stripes) unfortunately Superfil wasn't
around then and I still have hard and soft stripes to try and hide,
thankfully only on one wing underside. At least the stripes are chordwise.
Incidentally, spanwise waviness which can be noticed won't hurt laminar
flow but any more than .002 inch per 2 inches cordwise (which won't
show) will. I use a springy flexible spline that follows the curve of
the section and just knocks of the high areas, not a rigid spline. Don't
believe in rigid splines.
Graham