Re: Europa-List: To Those That Have Sanded Before Me... :)

Subject: Re: Europa-List: To Those That Have Sanded Before Me... :)
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 23:09:42

Nev
I have another trick which works for me. I mix in colloidal silica. Try
this, mix up the Expancell then add a little Cabosil..Then you can add
another pile of Expancell to get back to the same consistency. The
Cabosil makes it spread easier. It does NOT affect the sandability.
Then I spread it on over a pair of strimmer lines, remove the strimmer
lines and after 15 minutes careful spread again to flatten the tramlines
and its done. Controled thickness, and thick enough to not need any more
filling. The Cabosil seems to lubricate the Expancell so it spreads easy.
Probably the reason my stripes were hard and soft is that the sanded
surfaces absorbed resin from the next ;layer of filler and went hard.
Superfil doesn't do that for some reason, maybe it has talc in it?
Graham